Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Product Review: Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation

Hey Everyone!

I’m finally here to give you my review on the infamous Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation…..as it’s way over due

So I’ve had this for about a month now, maybe a little longer and have really been enjoying it.  I am a huge fan of Chanel foundations and I knew this new product wouldn’t disappoint me.  Although I have to say I’m a bit surprised on how it wears on my skin and the longevity.  So lets get on with the deets….

·         The foundation has a slight fragrance to it, so if you’re sensitive to any smells, this might not be a right fit for you.  Although it’s not perfume-y, it just has a fresh clean slightly floral scent (just a hint nothing over powering), but it doesn’t stay like that all day.  Only when you first apply the foundation to the skin is when you get a hint of the smell (I love the smell so it never bothers me…to me it just smells high-end LOL J)
·         The consistency is smooth and it applies really well, not heavy at all.   I find that buffing the foundation into the skin is best; rather than applying with a traditional foundation brush or fingers (which I’ve tried all methods).  When you buff into the skin it gives great coverage.
·         The foundation I would say is light to medium, but you definitely can get a full coverage if you continue working it into your skin until perfection
·         It really does last all day and does not feel cakey at all….seriously!!  It’s a bit on the matte side, but your skin looks really refreshed (which is different from most foundations).  Often times I spritz my face with MAC Fix+ to take away the matte look slightly so I can have that dewy finish
·         This foundation is highly concentrated so a little goes a long way. Only 2 pumps you’ll need at the most.  And this is good because you get your money’s worth and it will last you for a couple of months

In summary, I really like this foundation because it reminds of the Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation, but with better qualities.  (I did a review on foundations please check my previous posts)  This is similar to the matte version, but better because you look very refreshed, it doesn’t feel heavy throughout the day….and it last all day. 

I hope you all enjoyed this review, please comment or email me if you have any questions.  Have a great day beauties!! J xo

No comments:

Post a Comment