I recently discovered this product by hearing the buzz in the makeup community. So I thought why not, give it a try. Let me just say…..the drugstore brands have really changed their formulas and are now truly competing with the higher brands out there. Don’t get me wrong, I love a high end quality type foundation, but picking up a drugstore brand for just a quick every day look is not a shabby idea (plus. And that’s what I’ve been using the Covergirl foundation for, is just during the week when I’m on the go and wearing a simple look.
The in’s and out’s
· It says 3-1, but it’s truly not that – I’d say 2-1. Yes you don’t need a primer really, and yes it does cover. But does it cover enough where you need no concealer – WRONG! You do need a concealer if you really want those dark circles concealed.
· It doesn’t oxidize and the color is about spot on to match my skin tone
· I find using a buffing brush gives you a better finish
· I have normal/oily skin and I set the foundation using minimal translucent powder
· It lasts roughly 10-12 hours
· It comes in a PUMP!! J
· The color range isn’t that wide for the warmer/darker skin tones (although I recently heard there’s a new range called the Queen collection that offers more colors for dark skin, however it’s not available in my local drugstore so I can’t give my opinion on those particular shades)
· Consistency is a bit on the thicker side (but it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin)
· For sensitive skin, I hear it can tend to lead to a few breakouts, so use accordingly. (I haven’t broken out, but my friend has – she said after 2 weeks of using the foundation she noticed tiny bumps surfacing)
I hope that you enjoyed reading my review…..I’ll have more products to share that I either been loving, hating, or newly discovered – so stay tuned!
Have a great day. J xo
(Note: Photo on the left is taken indoors under hot lights; the center photo is taken outdoors)