Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Product Review: COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation


I recently discovered this product by hearing the buzz in the makeup community.  So I thought why not, give it a try.  Let me just say…..the drugstore brands have really changed their formulas and are now truly competing with the higher brands out there.  Don’t get me wrong, I love a high end quality type foundation, but picking up a drugstore brand for just a quick every day look is not a shabby idea (plus.  And that’s what I’ve been using the Covergirl foundation for, is just during the week when I’m on the go and wearing a simple look.

The in’s and out’s
·         It says 3-1, but it’s truly not that – I’d say 2-1.  Yes you don’t need a primer really, and yes it does cover.  But does it cover enough where you need no concealer – WRONG!  You do need a concealer if you really want those dark circles concealed. 
·         It doesn’t oxidize and the color is about spot on to match my skin tone
·         I find using a buffing brush gives you a better finish
·         I have normal/oily skin and I set the foundation using minimal translucent powder
·         It lasts roughly 10-12 hours
·         It comes in a PUMP!! J
·         The color range isn’t that wide for the warmer/darker skin tones (although I recently heard there’s a new range called the Queen collection that offers more colors for dark skin, however it’s not available in my local drugstore so I can’t give my opinion on those particular shades)
·         Consistency is a bit on the thicker side (but it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin)
·         For sensitive skin, I hear it can tend to lead to a few breakouts, so use accordingly.  (I haven’t broken out, but my friend has – she said after 2 weeks of using the foundation she noticed tiny bumps surfacing)



I hope that you enjoyed reading my review…..I’ll have more products to share that I either been loving, hating, or newly discovered – so stay tuned!

Have a great day. J xo


(Note: Photo on the left is taken indoors under hot lights; the center photo is taken outdoors)

No comments:

Post a Comment